Re: drawing curriculum

---------

From: Deb Mortl (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 04:33:21 PDT

I teach drawing to HS 10 - 12 ("basic art" is our class for freshmen). I
really treat it as an exploration of various mediums - we use ebony,
charcoal, pastels, pen and ink, colored pencils, etc. and technique comes
from work. I do a unit on architecture where we actually go out into the
community (walking) and draw the old houses. Otherwise, I think my
curriculum is more "product" oriented since some students are trying to get
portfolios done. I have specific projects that we do to help with
compostion, etc. I'm ramblin, I don't really know how specific you want me
to be...!

Good luck!
Deb