Re: plan time

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 19:57:52 PDT

Our district administrators tried this trick years ago but the union
had a fit and now the time counts as planning time only if it is
continuous. Most of our travelers get travel time as well as planning
time at each school. Of course there was some teacher who had to
appeal to the union to negotiate for this.

----------
>From: Ann Heineman <aheinema@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
>Subject: Re: plan time
>Date: Tue, Sep 4, 2001, 7:16 PM>

> Travelling teachers do not rate any planning
> time. Also, the school counts the 5 minutes or so between classes into the
> total number of minutes we may have for planning and prep. It looks good on
> paper that we have x number of minutes, but we are really denied quality
> uninterrupted blocks of time. The classroom teachers have guaranteed mutual
> planning time per grade level; special area teachers do not.
>
> Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

---