A lesson on physical disabilities

---------

From: Jerry & Anne Carman-Hendel (hendel_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 21:20:57 PDT

Hi folks,
   My student teacher is developing a lesson plan to give el. students the
experience of working with a physical disability---such as working
blindfolded or using the less preferred hand to draw.
   We have also discussed together artist such as Chuck Close who had a
learning disability in school and now works from his wheelchair.
   I think this is a terrific idea and am calling upon your vast
experience. Any ideas with a lesson of this kind? Thank you!

Anne C-H in Illinois

---