HS - no supplies help

---------

From: Paulette Keck (tcsfp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 18:27:30 PDT

First of all, THANKS to everyone who responded to my question about paper
supplies for my newly aquired high school art program. I definitely feel
better about ordering. If only I had a budget to order from...

It turns out that I can't order anything till next week, and then it is
likely that I won't be able to order anything at all due to new budget cuts
in my district. So I have pencils and pastels but no paper... rolling pins
and glazes but no clay or kiln... carving blades and ink, but no carving
material or paper... a slide projector, but I have no slides or
reproductions... But hey, there's still no schedule or class roster.

So the first day of school could have been better... I have started to look
for companies that might be willing to donate leftovers etc., so any ideas
you might have on that topic would be great.

Beyond that, what in the heck can you suggest I do with high school kids
without supplies? I'm supposed to come up with a curriculum outline for my
course ("required art") this week as well.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Paulette