RE: plan time

---------

From: Berg, Renee (Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 15:33:03 PDT

Hello all, I teach Middle School Art with about 600 students and we have
taught with Block schedule for the last year, going into our second. My
classes are 90 min. long and I teach 3 classes a day. We get a planning hour
of 90 min. every other day and a team planning, 90 min. on the other day.
So, total planning a week totals 450. Yikes, I have it better then I
thought. Low pay but plenty of time to grade and plan. When I taught
elementary and middle I had under 200 min. a week of planning time and had
to teach more students plus was teaching 8 preps a week.
 Bergie

Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools