Re: HS clean-up time

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ricki fromkin (fromkinr)
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 14:46:49 -0500

Deb Mortl wrote:

> Hi - does anyone know some good ways to get high schoolers to clean up
> better after painting class? We have 50 minute classes, two sinks, and
> everyone scrambling to get out of there before the bell rings. I've tried
> keeping the kids until the room is d\clean, but then I just get it from the
> other teachers. What happens is I always spend my prep cleaning up after
> them. The sinks are awful, tables don't seem to get wiped down, etc. The
> kids keep their own brushes so they are responsiibe for those at least!

I've been having a similer problem. I think my problem stems from being
so involved in whatever I'm doing, I often lose track of the time. I've
noticed that when I give them enough time to clean up, they do a better
job. The problem I face in doing this is now they stand in front of the
door with 3 minutes left in class waiting for the bell to ring.

Ricki