Re: Art and Spontaneity

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Susan Bennett (sbennett)
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 07:44:54 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BF2373.D22C6800

I notice at the grade school age, children are willing to be spontaneous =
when the lesson is not too tight. I notice that when a desire from a =
given instructor moves to the approach of reproducing a specific item, =
like a specific cat, or a specific seasonal item that all spontaneous =
activity stops even at the younger years. Imagination and being free to =
be spontaneous can be nurtured. I may use cats as a subject, but =
approach it in a manner that is more problem solving which will =
encourage creativity and spontaneous art activity. I could hang a cat on =
the board and say "we are making cats and distribute only specific =
materials and colors and have total copy cats, excuse the pun. So age =
may not be the only factor in spontaeous ouput. Susan in Ohio
-----Original Message-----
From: Joel J Murray <joel3>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Friday, October 29, 1999 3:51 PM
Subject: Art and Spontaneity
=20
Hi There! I was hoping that someone out there could help me with =
obtaining research material for my thesis/project. My topic is focusing =
on Art and Spontaneity.
This is a brief layout of what I'm going to research.
I'd like to know at what age the spontaneous level of artwork =
stops. Many times throughout the development stages of art the =
spontaneous interest fades out, usually around 8th, 9th and 10th grade.
I feel this is important in the field of art education because we =
want art to be incorporated into their learning. What causes this, when =
does this happen, and how do you fix it. It would be nice to know when =
this occurs so we can begin to address this lose of spontaneous artwork.
Is it developing new curriculum or a multicultural curriculum =
centered around cooperative learning.
I am interested in any references that you may know of along with =
your general thoughts on this topic.=20
This topic may help keep the interest up in our Art electives and =
programs as school districts begin to change.
Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Penelope Green

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BF2373.D22C6800

I notice at the grade school age, = children are=20 willing to be spontaneous when the lesson is not too tight. I notice = that when a=20 desire from a given instructor moves to the approach of reproducing a = specific=20 item, like a specific cat, or a specific seasonal item that all = spontaneous=20 activity stops even at the younger years. Imagination and being free to = be=20 spontaneous can be nurtured.  I may use cats as a subject, but = approach it=20 in a manner that is more problem solving which will encourage creativity = and=20 spontaneous art activity. I could hang a cat on the board and say = "we are=20 making cats and distribute only specific materials and colors and have = total=20 copy cats, excuse the pun. So age may not be the only factor in = spontaeous=20 ouput. Susan in Ohio
-----Original = Message-----