Re: sand painting

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 20:41:50 EDT

In a message dated 10/30/99 8:00:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-artsednet-digest.edu writes:

<< From: Artmom78
Subject: Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1818

Dear Erin,
I have done sand painting a very easy way, because when I taught elementary,
both 2nd & 4th gr.studied Native Americans. So in 2nd gr. I had them looking
@ N.A.designs, & draw a rough idea on graph paper. Then they transfered this
idea to square pieces of sandpaper, with crayons. It looked great, & was so
easy. What I took the time w/ was the info part, & talking about geometric
designs used. I don't have the backgrd.info off the top of my head, but
write
to me directly if you need help. Good luck. Liz

AND THEN you can put the crayon(ed) side of the sandpaper down on another
sheet of paper, and IRON it on...totally cool results! not too hot.
MP