Re: artist name?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:08:08 EDT

In a message dated 10/28/99 11:00:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

<< From: Jane Shiflett Manner <jmanner>
Subject: Name of artist?

I'm getting old and my mind draws up information with blank spots. Help me
remember the name of an artist, please. I thought it was Bottera, but I
haven't been able to find anything in cyberspace with
Bottera-Bottero-Botera-Botero. His painting have very rounded, mammoth
appearing figures. There is a maddona and child-maybe "Mona Lupa"?
Sandro Boticelli? aka Alessandro dei Filippi, Renaissance painter? Birth of
Venus? Just a stab...