Re: Art teaching jobs during the school year??

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:37:48 -0400

Inland Lakes Schools wrote:

> I'm interested in looking in Florida, especially in the north near Tampa,
> Jacksonville, St. Augustine or Gainesville?
> Ann carolan
>
> fromkinr wrote:

> > >positions
> > >the NYC
> >
> > I'm looking in NJ, so if anyone wants to add to the above I'd also
> > appreciate it.
> >
> > Ricki

Why the North? We lived in Jax (Jacksonville) for nearly 3 years. It
was the most worst experience of my life! We called it "Land of
America's most wanted". Seriously! I had a sh*t job- several of
them- where people actually said (when asked why the pay is so
little) " Because we consider the beach as part of the "plus"
instead of salary"- mind you the beach is 30 minutes away! I have
never been around that many uneducated people in my life. I also
couldn't believe the amount of people that were going to college
there that spoke so poorly in all my life. I had experience in
schools, art stores, framing places, and my husband in video-film
industry there. He was also treated horribly and the worst pay for
both of us out of any of the 10 States we have both lived and worked
in. They expect 80 hours for 30 hours pay out of you. He also filmed
home movies (professional quality) for the rich guy who owns the
Marlins- (forgot his name). After spending the whole day filming top
quality footage of his wife in a jet and kids buying cars the jerk
gave him and the other camera man 50 dollars and a baseball hat as a
tip! Just typical of the place. Sorry but that's my feeling of
Jacksonville-i'll never live there again! Actually John just asked
how I'd feel about southern Florida> the same! I like the seasons-
the big thing is the expense of the licensing of your car- it was
around 4-500$ an incredible amount of money! That and dealing with
ignorant, uneducated people with degrees! can't tell you about the
rest of the place though.
Hey what about those Damn

Sandra Barrick

astroboy