Re: 5th grade problems..any solutions?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick (rlarson)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:32:23 -0500

I agree, I have pulled out the weaving projects to soothe the wild class. I
usually don't do 5th weaving until after Christmas, kinda to get them motivated for
the rest of the year, but it certainly fits Nov. Also, I would say that if
something like that doesn't work, bring out paper pencil project(s) for awhile to
get your point across. Also, try to talk to one or two leaders in the class, find
something to praise them for and let them help turn the class into better
listeners. That has worked a few times. Betsy ( Also, you could have a reward
system ( marble jar?) when it's full, they get a treat or bring in a CD or
something. I hate to say this but do you think their classroom teacher has
something to do with their attitudes?