RE: talk quiet

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Eliza Jones (ejones)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:32:03 -0400

That is really inspiring to hear.

-----Original Message-----
From: Davissw [SMTP:Davissw]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 6:44 PM
To: Artemis420; rlarson; paris
Cc: fromkinr; artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: talk quiet

I teach in an inner city high school with"minority/poverty" kids. I
wait for
them to quiet down, then I talk in a quiet voice and they listen.
I also
praise the first table that everyone is quiet at. sometimes I have
to stand
near a talker, or even put my hand on his/her shoulder, but I can
always get
their attention. Yelling or even talking loud to my high school kids
has
never worked for me, it always turns them off and they get an
attitude.
susan in michigan