Re: talk quiet

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick (rlarson)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:34:27 -0500

I also wait until everyone is settled. Then we begin. I got tired of trying to talk
over them so I tried the wait and talk at a normal voice. That worked much better.
And then I tried a quieter voice. It worked even better. I think the kids are so
used to hearing loudness that they enjoy a quiet voice. I have also noticed that the
quieter classroom teachers have the quieter classes. This is in elementary. I'm not
talking whisper, just quieter like two people would talk. Believe me, the whole
neighborhood knows when it's time for the kids to eat dinner. So this was (is) a
challenge for me. betsy