Re: 6th grade ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 22:48:27 EDT

Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 19:11:32 PDT
From: "Sharon Hause" <smhause>
Subject: RE: ideas

I am a high school art teacher who is planning on volunteering in her 6th
grade son's classroom to teach an art class. (I have two days off since I
teach in a different district than my children) Anyway, I asked the teacher
to give me suggestions for an art project that would enhance a subject in
school. She responded that they are just finishing a unit in Religion in
France, Egypt, India, and Japan in social studies and a unit on 'self' in
health. (They already made a bulletin board of baby pictures and a collage
of themselves in words.)

Try doing self portraits to go with their wall collage of baby pictures. Go
through the structure of the face, etc. and look at some famous artist self
portraits.
MP