Re: Chaperoning disaster

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
LM Paris (paris)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:30:04 -0400

We had students do this and one got picked up by a cousin and the other his
older sister bec. mom and dad were not home....rediculous, but these were the
"GOOD KIDS." It was hard because I was the one who had to turn him in....my
first year teaching and one of my favorite kids...but it had to be done.
Anyway....the sister dropped him off at a friends house! It was really
embarassing when we called the mom back to make sure he made it home ok.

At my new school.....Police......no option, no flexibility! End of story.
So....we'll see how that works. There were no kids that smelled of alcohol at
the home coming dance...much to my relief.

LM