[Fwd: curriculum mapping]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
dianne ladd (laddd1@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 16:37:33 -0500

--------------D2AA1CDB57915C2D46568B96

sorry guys...i messed this up the first time i tried to send it!!!

--------------D2AA1CDB57915C2D46568B96

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 15:23:04 -0500
From: dianne ladd <laddd1@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us>
To: sewnart
Subject: Re: curriculum mapping

Hello!!!
I am working on my master's in c&i right now (no art ed in the area.)
Curriculum mapping is a process designed to align what is being taught
across the district and to make sure it matches both the state and
national standards along with state or national TEST objectives. It's a
pretty cool process. All teachers from a certain area take last year's
plan book and list every concept and or skill taught along with the time
it took to teach it, any special technology used to teach it and field
trips. The key is that EVERY teacher in the district do this for every
grade. the concepts are then gathered at the central office. Each
concept is listed on a card and hung on the wall. From all of that a
group of art educators from your district would arrange the scope and
sequence for each grade level with an eye to reducing content to the
essential according to the national and state standards. SOund awful,
but my district is in the process and it's actually great. It really
makes you take a hard look at what you teach and when!
Sorry for the long explination....hope it helps!
Dianne

--------------D2AA1CDB57915C2D46568B96--