Re: demystifying

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:10:44 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/99 2:09:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-artsednet-digest.edu writes:

<< I find that they do not want to think. When offered a project that
> demands
> some input from their creative, or even just mnemonic powers, they
> seem
> baffled. Education in schools is too rote, creative thinking is not
> encouraged.
> Artie >>

It seems like I need to take at least 10 minutes to answer "any questions?"
folling instructions, but most of the questions are "Can I do...?" and it is
really a brainstorming session. My answer to all these "Can I's" is YES,
YES, YES! Try it! Do It! Sure! They seem so afraid to be simply creative!
Too much concern with the right answer? I don't think so. Fear of creative
approaches. Going out on a limb. Doing something unique. Expressing
themselves. Everyone wants to "fit in."
MP