Re: life size and body wraps

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Virginia Rockwood (wckdstpm)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:19:17 -0400

Each year I do full body plaster gauze mummy cases only with the classes
that are interested. I ask for volunteers, and send a note home with them,
so parents are aware of it. We do the body in parts and "bandaid" them
together afterwards. It can be really scary to be plastered up. I ask the
kids to wear shorts and t-shirts, lie them on a table, and tape and tuck in
plastic bags around the body. We do the front (neck to feet) in one class
(girls can only plaster girls, boys boys.) We do the back in another class.
The head is done in a third class (front and back). Sometimes the head
belongs to another person. then we trim the edges, fill the body parts with
crumpled newspaper, and bandaid the 4 parts together with more plaster
strips. Then paint.

The biggest problem is who gets to take them home at the end of the year. We
have mummy cases that are decorating various rooms in the school that are 5
years old.

Ginny