Re: papier mache' lion fish ?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:30:00 -0400

Vicki Vance wrote:

> My 4th through 6th graders made sea creatures last spring using paper
> mache' and all kinds of various support materials.
> This fall, I happened upon Tim and
> Jim, the DUCT TAPE GUYS web page and they were sponsoring a contest for
> the most unusual uses of duct tape. The classes felt like my class
> example was pretty unusual so I sent a photo of Leonardo, the lion fish
> made mostly from duct tape. but Tim> wrote and asked permission to publish it on their site. >Wow.! Today,> they published it. If
> you are interested, check it out:
> http://www.octane.com/ducttape/dtgallery3.html

I love this-congratulations! One question (to visualize) I looked at
the page, so you used the bottom part of a soda liter bottle and the
duck taped the fins on before applying paper mache? How did you do
the mouth? Was it just formed with paper mache, or duck tape? It's
the tape thing that's getting me.
Sandra

astroboy