Re: clay rattle firing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Dianna (dmammone)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:51:33 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BF1B4D.A7E99C80

Do They have to be glazes? I mean, you aren't going to eat out of them. =
Why not paint them with underglazes and fire to your cone temp? Don't =
know any other way other than stilting.
Diannabanana
----- Original Message -----=20
From: jwells=20
To: everyone=20
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 1:38 AM
Subject: clay rattle firing

I hope someone can help me. This is my 3rd year teaching 8th grade =
art. I teach 3 12wk. sessions. In each session, I teach a clay unit. =
This time I taught clay rattles out of 2 pinch pots. They are round and =
turning out great. There's addition and substraction for design. =
There's no problem firing them the first time because they can touch. =
The problem I have is after they have been glazed, how do I fire them so =
they don't stick to each other and my new kiln? I feel silly for not =
thinking of this before. I do have those tripod items to sit some on, =
but I'm strapped for time and will have about 120 baseball-shaped =
rattles to fire.
Please help.
Janet in Connersville

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BF1B4D.A7E99C80

Do They have to be glazes?  I = mean, you=20 aren't going to eat out of them.  Why not paint them with = underglazes and=20 fire to your cone temp?  Don't know any other way other than=20 stilting.
Diannabanana