Re: life size and body wraps

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:40:31 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/99 9:52:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-artsednet-digest.edu writes:

<< From: "Michelle H. Harrell" <michelle_h_harrell>
Subject: Re: life-size sculptures

Your advice is priceless- this is just why I asked the listserv for
something I have no experience with. I want to do the body casting thing
rather than the other you described. I was just afraid that the wrapped
bodies would need some kind of armature to hold them together.
Michelle

This sounds pretty neat. I was wondering, though. My experience with the
plaster guaze that you wet and wrap is that it DRIES FAST and disposable
clothes or no, what if someone kind of gets "stuck" in this stuff when it
hardens?? How to ensure that the groups of kids know how thick to wrap and
no one over in the corner starts hardening before disrobing! I think I will
let Michelle do it first, report back, and THEN I'll try! :)
Keep me informed!!
MP