Re: clay rattle firing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
San D Hasselman (kprs)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:34:36 -0400

For future firings I would suggest that you just incise designs in the
rattles, bisque fire, then glaze, let glaze dry, and the steel wool the
glaze off of the rattles. The glaze will stay in the incised designs and
not on the piece, which is kinda neat. You can fire them and they won't
stick to the floor of the kiln (but just in case I would make sure I have
kiln washed the shelves).

San D