Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1792

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ArtKin5
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:57:24 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/99 6:13:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-artsednet-digest.edu writes:

<< Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:44:34 -0400
From: "Stephanie Ignazio" <smi>
Subject: Re: Need elementary ideas

hi everyone! I am in need of some words of wisdom from all of you. How do
you handle sending the kids artwork home? In past years it has just worked
for me to just give it to the kids as they walk out the door...but that just
doesn't seem right...I am afraid of it getting sqoooshed in the backpack. >>

Stephanie,
I teach K-5. I had the fear that what went home would be assumed to have been
created in with the regular classroom and I felt I was missing an opportunity
to "teach" parents more about art as well. SO, I have the students bring in a
shopping bag, wrap their smock around their clay pieces and put it, as well,
as their 2-D work down into the bag. While the work is being passed back they
are working on a work sheet that lists the vocabulary and basis concepts
learned that year. The work sheet asks questions like.....What was your
favorite assignment this year/Why? What was the most difficult assignment
for you/Why? What would you like to learn in art next year? The vocabulary is
there for them as review and for correct spelling. As the line walks out of
the art room I staple the sheet onto the bag so that it is closed and I read
what their interests are for the next year----so I have already started the
next year.