RE: life-size sculptures

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D Sterner (dsterner)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:48:59 -0400

consider the work of Red Grooms - He did life size stuff in the same manner
Want more? I will look it up in my art education mags.
-=deb=-

-----Original Message-----
From: Michelle H. Harrell [SMTP:michelle_h_harrell]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 9:32 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: life-size sculptures

Hello fellow artsednetters!

Next week, I'm starting my 7th and 8th graders on an outreach project for
the Rodin exhibit coming to NC next year. We're going to research civil
rights heroes and do life-size sculptures to pay tribute to them based on
the way Rodin did the Burghers of Calais.

I'm pumped about the idea but I have no idea where to start. I've bought a
huge roll of chicken wire and tons of plaster gauze. I thought we'd make an
armature of the wire and cast our body parts. Has anyone out there in
cyberland done life size sculptures before? Any suggestions?

Michelle H. Harrell
michelle_h_harrell
North Garner Middle School
Garner, North Carolina