RE: Curriculum Outline for AP Art History

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D Sterner (dsterner)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:44:37 -0400

Here is a great outline I discovered on the Internet:
http://oak.kcsd.k12.pa.us/~liberthp/lcart/artcur/artcur.htm
and maybe this will help you too:
http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/artsed/

best of luck to you,
-=deb=-
-----Original Message-----
From: William Norton [SMTP:alethiap]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 12:56 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Curriculum Outline for AP Art History

To all of you out there:

I have an urgent request. My principle has given me the opportunity to
propose an AP Art History class for the next school year. This is
something I have been dreaming about for years. Our school board and
superintendent have directed him to upgrade and inhance my school's
curriculum with a major push towards AP classes.

What I need help with people, do any of you teach AP Art History? If so,
could you send me a brief outline or direct me to appropriate sources such
as web sites, companies, or state guidelines to help me in writing this
proposal. I'm not looking for curriculum yet, just the basics.

My timelines are extremely tight! We meet as department chairs on Monday
to discuss these directives. I have to have my proposal together by this
meeting.
I realize their directive is not educationally sound, but we have to "deal
the cards we are given."

Thanks for all the help you can give me.

Bill Norton
Menomonie HS Art Dept. Head
1715 5th St. West
Menomonie, WI 54751