Re: rock painting

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
dj (djash)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:56:19 -0400

Another idea... if they pick an animal or symbol that describes them,
how about having them explain their choices during a critique of their
works. You'll get to learn a lot about them also, as well as, your
students getting the chance to share themselves with you and their
classmates. :-) Whenever I do a symbolism lesson which is to relate to
them personally, I stress the positive. We all have positive attributes.
I don't want to dwell on the negative. I want them to tell me what they
like about themselves. I try to build up their self esteem too. Hope
this helps some.

Donna