Re: Disappointing Jeapordy

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
dj (djash)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:39:23 -0400

How are you putting together your groups? Maybe consider splitting up some
of the kids to even out the abilities.(?) Going around the room to each
group in order is a good idea. I do that. Stops the chaos. I also have them
answer a double jeapordy question at the end where they must bet at least
some of their points. The group decides how many points to bet. Another way
to keep the chaos down: One student speaks for the group after the decision
has been made by all. But if any one student from the group jumps the gun
and calls out..... they seal the fate of the entire group. That call locks
in the bet number for the group. In this way, it's one more last ditch
effort for the losing group to win. BTW, my questions are usually current
events in art.

What a drag about the clay. I teach ceramics and feel for you. Do you know
which student did this? Someone had to see who it was don't you think? Maybe
you could try and find out and then handle that "child" appropriately. Good
Luck.
Donna