Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1784

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
BA 22 G3/233 Student (swoodard.us)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:23:44 -0400

Yes, this is a fun subject. A couple of years ago I did this project with
my first grade students. The way I set it up was that the students sat in
my storeroom (very dark and cave-like) and we looked at pictures from a
National Geographic that showed many cave paintings. I also read a book
called Rock Art (I don't remember the author). We discussed why these early
artists probably drew these aminals and then they drew stylized animals
also. I had them draw their animals on small lunch bags and we used markers
to color them in. We next stuffed them with newspaper and taped them
closed. I took the "rocks" and made a wall on rock art in the hallway. The
kids loved the project, but the "rocks" didn't stay up on the wall very
well. I guess I need to use super strong tape.
Let me know if this idea works...Or if you have new ideas that will
strengthen it.
Sheri Woodard

----------
>From: owner-artsednet-digest.edu (artsednet-digest)
>To: artsednet-digest.edu
>Subject: artsednet-digest V2 #1784
>Date: Mon, Oct 18, 1999, 5:25 PM
>

> artsednet-digest Monday, October 18 1999 Volume 02 : Number 1784
>

> This edition includes :
> Re: crayon solvent
> Re: need information to protect curriculum...
> Re: crayon solvent
> Scratch Art
> Re: Scratch Art
> B&N Finds
> Re: crayon solvent
> Re: need information to protect curriculum...
> Re: ceramic sculpture hs
> I need some unique CD ideas, please....
> Re: budgets
> Re: organization of artsednet
> Re: I need some unique CD ideas, please....
> WHAT IS ART?
> RE: Scratch Art
> need ideas for white chalk
> rock painting
> Re: oldenburg
> Newspaper Headlines
> RE: art club
> Re: Cooking and Raku

> Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:24:08 -0400
> From: LynnMarie Paris <paris>
> Subject: Re: crayon solvent
>
> I see I am not the only one to have found this wonderful citrus cleaner! I
rely
> on it soooo much that when it doesn't work I am practically in awe and so
> dissappointed. haha I am a Goo Gone addict! You'd think I was being payed to
> sell the stuff...Maybe all of the art teachers should buy stock in it.
>
> Enjoy the rest of your evening.
>
> LynnMarie
>
>> Lynn et al,
>> This is a miracle product. If I'd only known about it when my oldest
>> was little, I could have saved some shirts. Every so often he'd get
>> a preschool teacher that was sticker friendly! They'd put them on
>> everything. Of course I'd miss the occasional one in the wash and
>> this would just ruin the shirt. Not anymore friends. GOO GONE> (hear
>> it in a Dan Akroyd voice please!)it dissolves that nasty adhesive
>> right infront of your eyes. Then you just brush it away! Walah! Goo
>> BEE Gone
>>
>> Sandra Barrick
>> http://home.fuse.net/astroboy/Sandra.html
>>
>> astroboy
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:47:14 -0400
> From: LynnMarie Paris <paris>
> Subject: Re: need information to protect curriculum...
>
>> 1. What is the suze of your high school? (ours is 1700+)
>
> (1800+)
>
>> 2. How many students do you service per class (mine are 24-32)
>
> (20-24)
>
>> 3. How many classes does your high school have?
>
> (Studio in Art (15 sections, full year), Ceramics I(about 5 Sections),
Ceramics