Re: rock painting

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
dj (djash)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:42:32 -0400

If you do this on pieces slate, the students can carve their designs
into the surface of the slate first with a scratch tool. Then use a
watercolor paint to color in the design. You can take pieces of wrapped
and tied yarn ( hope I'm explaining that ok) and use an apoxy to glue
the cicles of yarn on the back of the slate. This makes a very
inexpensive hanger so the rocks can hang on a wall to be seen upright.
Have them paint outlines of hand prints on the slate for their artist
signiture. Does that help?
Donna