Re: crayon solvent

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:12:23 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/99 7:22:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-artsednet-digest.edu writes:

<< From: "DONALD GOBEILLE, JR." <DJGOBEILLEJR>
Subject: crayon solvent

It's time to either clean or throw away the 24 plastic yarn needles a sub
gave the kids for scratch art (ignoring the cut-off popsicle sticks I'd put
out for the job) a few years ago. I put them away thinking, "I'll deal with
this later." It's time. They are covered with little bits of black crayon.
I've tried dish detergent, laundry detergent and "Zout" (a stain remover).
No success. I really hate throwing things away, but I also hate the idea
of spending hours with a toothbrush trying to scrub them clean.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cathy in Ellington CT

Try BOILING them. Wipe clean when hot and crayon is softened.
MP