Re: Calendars of student art work?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ricki fromkin (fromkinr)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 09:14:31 -0400

Sharon Barrett Kennedy wrote:

> I'm thinking about trying to put together a school calendar that features
> student artwork.
>
> Is it best to copy directly from the drawing (in pencil or ink) or is it
> possible to print out a good enough image from the computer (such as from a
> picture taken with a digital camera and enhanced with Photoshop)? This
> doesn't really need to be of "professional" quality, but I'd still like it
> to look nice, with relatively clear images.
>
> Also, does anyone know the approximate printing cost per calendar? What
> weight of paper works best for this--that's still economical?
>
> We're such a small school that I don't anticipate being able to generate
> tons of sales from these, but I'd like to do it to (internally) promote our
> art program, give the kids some positive recognition, have something like
> this available for sale in the community (which I think would be
> supportive), and basically do something that no one has done before at the
> school.
>
> Thanks for your help! (AGAIN!!)
>
> Sharon

I've actually never done it (cause I still don't have my own classroom,
but want to do it when I do). There might be a printer in your area
that will give your school a discount. Maybe the same printer your
school uses for other printed material. I know that artwork created in
Illustrator and other software programs are camera ready, so as far as
the quality of the finished printing, it should look professional. If
you have a good printer and print out the images scanned the result
could also be quite "finished".

I know a local food store got involved with calendars for the children
in our community. they used local artwork from the schools and did a
printed calendar which they gave out at their store. I'm sure it was a
tax write off for them so you might want to look into a corp. getting
involved. I don't know exactly how to go about it, but I would think
talking with public relations would be the first step. A lot of times
companies are looking for this type of project as it makes them look
good as well.

Ricki

  • Reply: Wizzlewolf: "Re: Re: Calendars of student art work?"