Re: Today in Art Class....religion

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:15:07 -0500

I'm really glad to be in a school / community that has so much diversity
and is so tolerant of others beliefs. Soon I'll put the prints from Hopi
Kachina projects on the web. Right now I just have a few drawings
posted at
I'll get more up later, they turned out great, almost professional.
Woody in KC

Wizzlewolf wrote:
> In a message dated 10/15/99 7:40:35 PM, wrote:
> <<Whaddya DO with this kind of thing? Can't just say, "Native Americans
> make these dolls 'cuz they're purty...."
> >>
> No. You use that time as an opportunity to teach them about the diversity of
> different cultures. Even if they are adamant about their Christian beliefs or
> feel compelled to put on a histrionic display, you can grab that "teacher
> moment" and explain how people of different cultures have different beliefs.
> wizzle

the new URL for school is
                                        to contact me via E-mail
                         click on wduncan