Re: Today in Art Class....religion

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
L.P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 22:37:11 -0400

Pablo90512 wrote:

> Religious issues are really touchy...
> I usually try and compare the religions to others...for instance for
> Kachina's I explain that the kachina's are signifcant stories of their
> faith...not unlike Saints and Catholics...Although personally I am not
> Catholic. When discussing the ancient Egyptian Pharohs beliefs about after
> life...it is a good time to share about others belief in after life.
> Learning when one can relate to the issue is more cemented and it seems less
> scary. I have yet to have a complaint from Christians, Jews or
> Catholics...all religions tie into one another..
> I hope this is helpful.
> laurie

This is a good idea too, like wizzle's idea. I want to get the point of
diversity across, I want to tell where the art of different cultures comes from,
etc. It's hard to find information about Native Americans in general, tho. All
the stuff we have in the library is broken out by type of "Indian", ie:
Cheyenne, Ute, Cherokee, Navajo, etc. :(

--
Lisa Skeen          ICQ#15554910
http://www.living-tree.net

Living Tree Pottery & Soaps, Summerfield, NC

~*~* A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.*~*~

@}~~~ Religions should get out of politics or be taxed.~~~{@