Re: texture/leaf rubbing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelty (lckelty)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:05:40 -0400

Cool! I know Cliff and he's a really good teacher. I student taught with
one of his colleagues at the high school when he was at that level. Another
neat thing you can do with pliable leaves is coat them top and bottom with
acrylic polymer. This keeps them pliable. We laminated them with a severe
and profound class and created mobiles for those in the tipped wheelchairs
to watch moving from the ceiling. We also used a variety of techniques and
painted the ceiling tiles from the suspended ceiling for them to look at.
When I did Sistine Chapel murals with elementary, we hung them from the
ceiling of the pediatric dentist and doctors offices. This must be a flow
of thought posting. All from Cliff and leaves. I once bought a set of
pottery canisters from Cliff. He'd taken oak leaves and laid them on a
leather hard body, pushed to impress the texture and then carved around them
all for a relief surface. The glaze settled into the impressed surfaces and
it was wonderful to touch and look at. Linda K.