Re: texture answers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lon Nuell (lrnuell)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:01:30 -0500

Rubbings are fine, but they are visual and generally children cannot bring in
the objects used. Try collecting or having them collect textured materials
and once enough are on hand use them to create texture designs and collect a
rubbing off of the designed surface. Have them order textures from rough to
smooth in a gradient design. Hve them identify textural qualities and them
select represednttive ones from a box of materials you've gathered.