women's behaviour-RE: Soap Box

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:38:38 -0400

Artemis420 wrote:
> In total agreement! Teachers are often such "good little girls" that they
> are treated badly because they don't scream out and protect themselves.
> Mostly because they think the administration will treat them right if they
> are good and sweet and don't complain...
> Artie
This is a learned behavior, encouraged through society. Girls are
not born meek but everything in society tells them not to stand up
and confront men, authority etc. Why do you think we get paid less
then men? We don't stand up for and are not thought of as worthy or
need it as much as men. I'm not saying it's true, merely stating my
belief. It's easy to say stand up, but are you men? It's another
thing to actually do it. It takes time or a lot of pressure for some
people to find the strength or anger to do this. Think about the
females in your class, are they less aggressive then the males? Do
they feel justified to raise a point and stick with it? I have, and
I can tell you for one you are thought of as a bi**h. Not that that
ever stopped me- but aggressive women> who stand up for themselves
will not be liked very much and can sometimes be penalized for it.
Hopefully society will change. for the better.

Sandra
astroboy

  • Reply: Impowerco: "Re: women's behaviour-RE: Soap Box"
  • Reply: Janjarreau: "Re: women's behaviour-RE: Soap Box"
  • Reply: Wizzlewolf: "Re: women's behaviour-RE: Soap Box"
  • Reply: Aaron and Jennifer: "Re: women's behaviour-RE: Soap Box"
  • Reply: Susan Bennett: "Re: women's behaviour-RE: Soap Box"
  • Reply: VKlimTruax: "Re: women's behaviour-RE: Soap Box"
  • Reply: Artemis420: "Re: women's behaviour-RE: Soap Box"