Re: ceramic sculpture hs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
dj (djash)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 06:12:37 -0400

Hi!
I've put newspaper in the kiln. It does burn off, but large amounts of newspaper
burning can smell terrible. Watch out for the fumes! Where's your kiln? and is
it vented? Mine is not!!!!!! Thank goodness it is in another room. BTW, it is
against NJ law not to vent. Our new hs meant code without a venting system.
Amazing isn't it? We have brought this to the department chair and
administration. We're in our 3rd year and we are still waiting. We are
promised.............. definitely before the end of the year. We will see what
happens next if not.
Donna