Re: Any ideas for 75th birthday of school?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ricki fromkin (fromkinr)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:58:17 -0400

Stephanie Ignazio wrote:

> Hi to all and let me apologize for not taking part of alot of the
> conversation lately. Let's just say my life is a bit swamped right now. New
> job, and all the new-ness that goes with getting accustomed to a new
> environment (I could go on for hours) and a new house and grad school (too
> much paperwork!), so hope everyone's year is going well for them.
>
> Question: My school is 75 years old this year (week of November 15). We are
> going to be having a celebration during that week which will culminate in a
> final assembly on that friday. My dilemma is that I am totally uninspired!
> What can I do for my "part" in this? (I know...I know...its pure
> "decoration...it would be wonderful if I was in fact teaching a concept
> though!) I keep thinking .....what can I do? A mural? but of what? please
> help! It is a K-5 school and I have to get moving on this quickly! Please
> send me your suggestions...I am totally stressed out! Thanks, Stephanie

How about celebrating the year that the school was built? If your
scholl is 75, go back to the year 1924 and do a retrospect to the things
that happened during that year. A lot of exciting, innovative art was
being made around that time, that's for sure. You could do fashion,
movies, etc.

Ricki