Re: Bilingual Art material?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:24:24 -0400

laura klein wrote:
> I am writing to find out if anyone has any material for a monoligual Spanish
> speaking student who is in 7th grade art? I am not bilingual, obviously,
> and I teach Art at Taos Middle School, Taos, N.M.. I am having trouble
> explaining projects to this student...
> I would like material that is in English as well as Spanish!
> Please Help!
> Laura J. Klein

Have you tried the translation links? We've posted them before I
could look on me web site file if someone doesn't post it. YOu might
type an email and see if you can translate it over the internet. But
my question is, being in New Mexico- wouldn't the school have to
have translators, or isn't it bilingual anyway? Perhaps you can use
a classmate to translate for you. I thought it was mandatory to work
in places like CA, NM, Ariz., Texas and Fl, to be fluent in Spanish
or is that just a misconception? Really I guess I'm thinking of
student population,it would be better to be bilingual. That's great
your thinking of your student and how to help him. Keep up the good
work. If all else fails get a dictionary and translate a few words.
Perhaps a few tools, material etc. and write on board. He should
learn English> and I am saying this without Bias, since my Mother,
who is full Mexican, was against us learning Spanish and speaking at
home in spanish. A little thing about being in America and speaking
the language here. (By the way her first language is Spanish and she
didn't learn English until she went to school and then skipped a
grade.)
Sandra
astroboy