Re: music in the art classroom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:14:44 -0400

VKlimTruax wrote:
> The only music
> allowed is for homecoming when the band plays through the halls. This is SUCH a fun place to
> work...blaaaughhh. Every dance and events other than the prom have been
> cancelled due to lack of participation. Wonder why.

That's really sad to take the fun and enjoyment out of learning. I
have a question. Have they banned Music class too? Perhaps they use
practice pads for drums and don't plug in any of the other
instruments. Are the reeds taken away as well? Just curious. It
doesn't sound like a place that would build self esteem, especially
when some kids can learn through music- what have they said about
the theory- Music helps raise IQ scores and learning behavior in
other subjects as well.

Sandra Barrick

astroboy