Fwd: Greek Vessels

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
BluesTruth
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:23:49 EDT

--part1_0.52d1268e.2533d995_boundary

From: Gail1611
Full-name: Gail1611
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:28:52 EDT
Subject: Greek Vessels
To: BluesTruth, artsednet.edu

Jill can you forward this on . I don't seem to be hooked up to get it sent.
Here is the address I send it to. Is it correct? I hadn't sent anything in
months to it , only to individual people. Thanks Sweetie!

Hi Everyone,
Hope you will give me some input into this idea I have. I want my 4th and 5th
graders to do Greek Vessels but I have not kiln. I have checked into self
hardening clay but it's still fragile and even if I use it flat as a relief
it's expensive. I want the kids to be able to carve out the designs and have
it be black, that wonderful orange speckled, tan and/ or white. I have
thought of using plaster and doing a relief but this can crack easily. My
other idea was plastacine (sp?) clay as a relief and then paint with acrylic
paint, mounting on cardboard but- how to hold it on? Any ideas will be
helpful. And thanks! Gail

--part1_0.52d1268e.2533d995_boundary--