RE: Budgets

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:39:47 -0500

FYI to All with budget problems: A few years ago an art teacher friend
contacted me at Sax. She too had budget woes and had a hard time getting
increases in her budget. She had not received an increase in 10 years.
What she did was to go back to a Sax catalog from 10 years previous and make
a listing of what current art products cost in comparison to 10 years
before. She then asked to be heard at the school board meeting. The
increase she got was substantial. Thought it might be worth mentioning.
Judy

http://www.saxarts.com <http://www.saxarts.com/>

-----Original Message-----
From: The Austin's [whest177]
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 1999 12:09 PM
To: ArtsEdNet
Subject: Budgets

Just a thought - after all the talk about the pitiful budgets (I really feel
for you all!) can you talk to your administrators about possiblly adding on
a $2 - $3 art fee during registration at the beginning of the year? As a
parent, I expect the fees when I enroll my own kids. There are always
textbook fees, towel fees, etc. Barring that, how about sending out supply
lists? In my elementary buildings, I have the students supply their own
sharpies. They already have glue, scissors, etc. on the classroom supply
list. In the building where I have a classroom, if they are doing a project
that requires supplies I don't have, like scissors (in the past 6 years, 50+
pair of scissors have "walked off", and I refuse to buy anymore), I just let
the classroom teacher know they need to bring those supplies to class.
Michal