Re: glaze question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 19:14:26 -0700

This is a very dangerous process for the general classroom today. Paraffin
is highly flamable and not safe to use around youngsters.

Today we use a wax resist which is painted on with a brush and is not hot.
The wax resist doesn't do much good if the glaze is applied too thick
though. It just runs past the unglazed area and on to the shelf.

Stilts are a good idea for glazed ware but they require extra work in
Stilting work can add hours on to the job.

-Numo