Re: Budgets

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 14:08:03 -0400

The Austin's wrote:
> Just a thought - after all the talk about the pitiful budgets (I really feel for you all!) can >you talk to your administrators about possiblly adding on a $2 - $3 art fee during registration >at the beginning of the year?
> Michal

Just another thought. If you do ask- then do it by Dec. for the next
school year. I was not told that all requests for added expenses to
be added to the next year- i.e.- an art fee of 2$ had to be
submitted and approved by that meeting or had to wait until the next
year. So find out when the deadlines are in your school. Luckily the
PTO gave us money- because before that I didn't have any money and
was given 150$ for the year by them. However this was K-8th 120
kids. It was better than nothing and I supplemented by donations.
130$ went for box rentals. Next year was better we received 250$. By
the way not all school have art teachers, some silly notion that
their regular teachers can teach art since they had it as part of
their studies- HAH! I taught a program that was volunteer that the
parents implemented as a way to bring art into the school.
Sandra Barrick
astroboy