Re: fund raising ideas?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
L.P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 11:21:21 -0400

Tom Johnsen wrote:

> So upshot one: I want to engage my students in fundraising (and fun) to
> create money for an art club's activities and to increase the art
> department's budget.
> Has anyone got ideas for fundraising activities that are fun, legal, and effective?

Yup. I have two ideas. First one is called _Art by Me_, which is based in (I think)
Charlotte, NC. They will provide paper and ideas, you give the paper to your kids and
they create a drawing, crayon resist, or whatever. Bright colors are best. The kids
take orders for the many products that are available (ie: keychains, magnets, mugs,
tshirts, mouse pads, and god knows what all else) that will be PRINTED WITH THAT KID's
ARTWORK. Then you send the finished works in to the company, which somehow reproduces
said artwork onto the aforementioned items.

We are going to do this one in the spring (in time for mother's day), but ideally you
would do it in the fall, for maximum holiday gift-giving demand. The cool thing is
that the parents/grandparents/third cousin well removed is buying artwork from Their
Kid and not someone else's.

Second idea, and very self serving on my part: Handcrafted Soap fund raiser. E-me
privately if you're interested in that.

--
Lisa Skeen          ICQ#15554910
http://www.living-tree.net

Living Tree Pottery & Soaps, Summerfield, NC

~*~* A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.*~*~

@}~~~ Religions should get out of politics or be taxed.~~~{@