Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1753

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick (rlarson)
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 16:09:09 -0500

I feel for you. I know what you mean about having supplies to do the teaching
you were hired to do. I did ask my parents for donations and it does work. They
give me sharpies, masking tape, cotton balls, yarn, etc. I would usually sent a
note home saying that I wanted the kids to have such and such art experience and
that I was asking children to bring in yarn, etc. I also used the newsletter to
request items. There is alot you can do with donated wallpaper books. Our city
recycling center opened an area for teachers to get things that were thrown out,
but usable, old magazines, postal sacks(great for covering tables while working
with clay). .I think you should contact ASU art ed dept and let them at least be
aware of your dilemma. Some of the edu students will be the future
administrators and board members. I'm sure the kids are still excited to come
to your room. betsy