Re: Trite symbolism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
The Whites (bolide)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 20:54:39 -0500

I have a wonderful book: Japanese Design Motifs by The Matsuya piece-goods
store - 1972
It has over 200 pages each with about 20 variations of Japanese crests.
One might be quite realistic (a shrimp if the family shrimped) and then
become more and more abstract. These symbols might appear carved in wood on
a house, or woven into a cloth or as decoration on pottery. Really
fascinating as variations on a theme. Good Luck Linda White in Norman, OK