quotations by or about women artists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
thammond
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 21:38:57 GMT

I have a book called "A Dictionary of Art Quotations" compiled by Ian
Crofton, published in 1988 by Schirmer Books, A Division of Macmillan, Inc.
(866 Third Ave. NY, NY,10022). I picked it up at a garage sale and I don't
know whether it's still in print. It has a subject index and an author
index, but when I scanned them looking for women artists there were only a
few listed. This might be a starting place, however.

Terry Hammond
Director/Curator
Guilford College Art Gallery
Greensboro, NC

>Date: Tue, 05 Oct 99 22:39:57 -0600 Central Daylight Time
>From: Barbara Hall <bahall>
>Subject: women artists quotes

>does anyone know of a source for quotes by women artists or ABOUT women
artists?