Re: mars2030

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 12:11:00 -0400

Donald Peters wrote:

> Question: is anybody else out there participating in the Mars2030 project?

> My problem is this: What would work best to simulate the Martian landscape?
> Should we do paper mache or coat the board w/unfired terra cotta clay? (I
> have plenty in one of my personal reclaim buckets in my garage at home) I
> don't care if it cracks a little or becomes dusty as that will help simulate
> Mars, but will it stick to the plywood we're using as a base ok? Thanks for
> your help.
>
> Pat

Well to really stimulate Mars- the red on mars is dust. Anyway I
know I've seen red pencil shaving or possibly, color sand red, and
then adhere to whatever you have decided. My husband use to do
illustrations for analog (Isaac Asimov mag.) anyway he
airbrushed. What about using a board (matt, foam, wood etc.) and
teaching the kids how to airbrush- if they don't know already.
Plaster would work and then rubbing in with tempera and wiping off.
Or of course clay!

--
john barrick
http://home.fuse.net/astroboy