Re: Foam board and paint

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 20:18:43 -0700

Jdecker.US wrote:

> I don't know who posted the original message about dissolving
> foam board with spray paint....but this is a very dangerous practice
> to do with students. A much safer way to cut foam board would be
> to use a dremel tool.
> Judy Decker

Didn't catch the original question, but to cut any kind of foam
I've found a hacksaw blade works great. They're cheap, can be
snapped in half to make two (and stretch your investment a bit),
and aren't dangerously sharp.

They do make lovely pellets all over the place; the students can
cut the foam in soda flats. Keep your DustBuster handy.

Maggie